What is a metabolism? Every living organism has a metabolism. It’s how our bodies produce energy. Food provides energy and can influence how fast or slow our metabolism is. The faster a metabolism is more calories are being burned. Since food plays a key role in metabolism, it’s important to know which foods to eat and which ones to avoid while losing weight. Foods high in protein help boosts a metabolism. However, stick to good sources of protein like plant-based than animal products.
Source: Pixabay.com via Meditations
Egg Whites are a good source of protein. They also contain Riboflavin a form of vitamin B. This vitamin helps speed up a person’s metabolism. It also can help with the production of red blood cells as well. Add these to any meal to create a healthy diet.
Green Tea has been around for centuries in Asia. In recent years, it has become a popular drink. The main reason it helps boost metabolism because of the antioxidants Catechins. Which breaks down stubborn fats that take the longest to be metabolized. Another great benefit of Green Tea is its antioxidants. They help with the hormones that cause hunger. Before each meal, try drinking some green tea can aid with weight loss.
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain that can help improve a person’s metabolism. It’s high in protein and fiber, which can help speed up a metabolism. This grain is easy to metabolize and very healthy. It’s a low glycemic food, great for diabetics because it won’t elevate blood sugar.
Avocados are great to burn belly fat. They are notorious for having high-fat content. But, these are the good fats that can help with weight-loss. Avocados have more of satiety effect and curve hunger. Not only is it great for weight-loss, but also heart healthy. Because it’s filled with good cholesterol. Don’t be afraid to eat guacamole.
Source: John Autry
1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped red onion
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 garlic clove
1/2 small jalapeño pepper
1 ripe peeled avocado
1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- Place first 5 ingredients in a food processor
- Pulse 5 times or until finely chopped
- Add avocado; process until smooth. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Quinoa With Mushrooms, Kale, and Sweet Potatoes
Source: Christopher Baker
1 cup of Quinoa
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Sweet Potatoes
10 oz of mushrooms
1 bunch of Kale
3/4 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Place the quinoa and 2 cups water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sweet potatoes and mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden and beginning to soften, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the kale, wine, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Cook, tossing often, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve the vegetables over the quinoa and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
Other than eating a person can boost their metabolism by lifting weights. Weights are great because the body continues to burn calories after the workout is over. Spicy foods have shown to also help increase metabolism. So, has sleep make sure to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day. With these metabolism-boosting tips, the pounds will be off in no time.